Thursday, February 13, 2020

I sought the LORD,
and He answered me
and delivered me
    from all my fears.

             Psalm 34. 4

(All inclusive,
even those fears
     I am not aware.
Seeking the LORD,
not just a self-prescribed 
               answer,
not just an outcome 
    favorable in my eyes 
not just how I would fix it,
but seeking Him.
Did it even occur to me
to bring this
      before the LORD?
Nothing small in His eyes,
nothing insignificant at all,
nothing too big or bad
  that He cannot 
        navigate us through.)

O LORD,
We come before You,
we drag these troubles,
these deep burdens,
these fears that even we
      are afraid to admit,
these phantoms 
    both real and imagined,
and lay them on the altar
           before You.
Kick down the doors
to bring Your deliverance,
Your Presence,
and Your glory to this.
Help us to seek You,
pray continually,
live faithfully,
love well, 
and practice grace
      over and over again.
Even in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.