Saturday, February 22, 2020

And now, O Lord,
    for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.

             Psalm 39. 7

(For what
      am I waiting?
What am I looking for?
Am I seeking God in this
    or just an prescribed answer
    or outcome
          favorable in my eyes?
Hope in the Bible
is not the worldly way
            of wishful thinking,
but on Whom
      I can stake my life.)

O LORD,
We wait for You,
eagerly
     and expectantly.
You navigate us through,
You guide us
      into Your purposes,
You are working deeply,
   even when we are unaware.
Help us to wait
     for the ripening of Your way.
Our hope in You
   is not just for what is coming,
   but in that which is already.
You bring Your steadfast love,
You are bringing to completion,
You bring Your glory to it.
And we can rest in You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.