Friday, July 6, 2018

You have put more joy in my heart
than they have when
their grain and wine abound.
In peace
   I will both lie down and sleep,
for You alone, O LORD,
  make me dwell in safety.

                    Psalm 4. 7-8

(If I am always looking for
when life is good and easy,
    happy faces are all around me,
    the skies are blue,
    the prevailing breeze pleasant,
it is never enough,
there is always the deep desire
                for a little bit more.
But peace and joy
  are never dependent
            on outward circumstances,
    but on His Presence.
God makes what I have,
                    what I face,
         even what I lack,
               more than enough,
not just to fill my needs
          but to serve God and others.
Peace and joy
  are rare commodities in this world.
Live that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.